There are 10 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Brandizzi lab".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 10
- 1. Growing pains and how that might affect seed quality
The Brandizzi lab is showing how extreme heat negatively impacts seed quality in plants targeted for producing biofuels.
- 2. Growth-defense gene pulls many strings in plant cell factories
The Brandizzi lab has demonstrated how one master gene fine-tunes how massive protein factories in plant cells allocate resources to growth and defense functions.
- 3. Investing in cell wall growth for improved photosynthesis
A new study showed how changes in leaf cell wall make-up can dramatically affect how large or thick leaves grow. This knowledge may find future applications that improve how crop plants intercept light and exchange gas with the atmosphere.
- 4. Discovering what keeps cellular cargo on track
The Brandizzi lab have identified how plants’ largest cell factory moves to maintain vital functions, which could lead to advances in improving plant cells’ critical functions and growing better crops.
- 5. Undergrads make strong showing at Mid-SURE Symposium
PRL undergraduate researchers shared the fruits of their research at this year’s Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE).
- 6. Federica Brandizzi featured in Lansing State Journal
Brandizzi is studying ways to increase soybean and alfalfa yields. She is one of 11 MSU professors who have received grants through the university’s Michigan Translational Research and Commercialization program.
- 7. A slew of student awards in July
The four awards were for research on plant defense, responses to environmental stimuli... and space plants!
- 8. Federica Brandizzi: behind the scientist
What makes Federica Brandizzi tick? What inspired her to study plants? Why did she leave Italy, breaking a family tradition of living in Rome for more generations than she can count? Find out in this bio of one of our biofuel scientists and MSU Foundation Professors.
- 9. Brandizzi Lab celebrates 10 years at MSU
The lab researches critical plant production machinery that extends towards applications in such production areas as food, clothes, and precursors for biofuels.
- 10. Brandizzi Lab awarded an NSF grant for corn research
The 3-year multi-institutional project will aim to study and improve how this important crop reacts to extreme environmental stressors such as heat, drought, or high salt content.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 10