There are 9 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Ducat lab".
Displaying: 1 - 9 of 9
- 1. How cyanobacteria define their middle point
The mechanism promotes cell division to ensure daughter cells are healthy and of equal size.
- 2. Molecular velcro boosts microalgae's potential in biofuel industrial applications
Derek Fedeson from the Ducat lab has designed a system to attach cyanobacteria, also known as blue-green algae, to yeast and other surfaces.
- 3. MSU students participate in premier synthetic biology competition
A PRL grad student reflects on MSU's first participation at iGEM, an international competition encouraging students to solve real-world challenges through genetically engineered biological systems.
- By Eric Young
- 4. Adam Jordan joins VWR as Sales Associate
The former Ducat lab's Research Tech will join a global leader in product and service solutions for labs and production industries.
- 5. Managing photosynthesis' traffic jams
The Ducat lab has coaxed a lab-grown cyanobacteria to efficiently make and export sugar, a technique which could someday lead to greater biofuel production at lower cost.
- 6. Undergrad researchers get a taste of graduate student life
The students participated in the Plant Genomics @ MSU REU program, which is part of a national endeavor providing undergrads with participatory research experiences at over 100 universities.
- 7. Undergrads make strong showing at Mid-SURE Symposium
PRL undergraduate researchers shared the fruits of their research at this year’s Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE).
- 8. Innovative PRL research impresses at international workshop
PRL won two prizes at the 12th Workshop on Cyanobacteria, geared towards students and post docs. We interviewed our winners to find out what got them in science, why the research is cool, and what advice they would give first-time conference presenters.
- 9. Undergraduate Research Forum - Part 2/3: Donna Liebelt
PRL undergraduates had a strong presence at the University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum that took place at the MSU Union on Friday, April 8, even taking away a first prize for a poster presentation. Part 2 of the series introduces Donna Liebelt from the Ducat Lab.
Displaying: 1 - 9 of 9