There are 23 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Kramer lab".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 23
- 1. Grad student Isaac Osei-Bonsu wins conference award
The Department of Plant Biology student won for his poster presentation on research to improve photosynthetic performance in heat-sensitive cowpea crops.
- By Igor Houwat
- 2. Taking the brakes off plant production: not so good after all
When engineers want to speed up a system, they look for the slowest steps and make them faster. In plants, this approach potentially does more harm than good, says the Kramer lab.
- By Igor Houwat, Atsuko Kanazawa, David Kramer
- 3. PhotosynQ education focus: Sonya Lawrence [LINK]
This post highlights how the Instructor in the Biological Sciences Program at MSU has been incorporating PhotosynQ into her courses since 2014.
- By Dan TerAvest
- 4. PhotosynQ at Feed the Future Conference in Burkina Faso [LINK]
“Feed the Future," funded by USAID, engages universities, institutions, and private organizations in the US, Africa, and Central/South America to improve legume management on local farms.
- 5. Introducing PhotosynQ to Scientists in West Africa [LINK]
A blog post by Dan TerAvest on a workshop with researchers from across West Africa in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, with support from the McKnight Foundation.
- 6. Protecting plants from the power of sunlight
Plants, like us, don’t like too much sunlight. The Kramer lab has figured a way to better measure how plants respond to excessive exposure, and the information might help us create more resilient plants.
- By Igor Houwat, Steffie Tietz, David Kramer
- 7. From the lab to the world: solving big problems in agriculture and energy
Introducing MultispeQ, an affordable and sophisticated scientific instrument that measures plant health and photosynthetic parameters.
- 8. Power Plants: Kramer lab featured in MSU President's 2016 Report
The 90-second clip is part of a series showcasing MSU's abilities in anticipating global challenges. The Kramer lab focuses on understanding photosynthesis in real time and in dynamic environments.
- 9. Geoffry Davis wins ISPR presentation award
Geoffry Davis presented his findings at the 17th International Congress on Photosynthesis Research, held in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- 10. The dangers of overcharging your plants
Capturing light to produce energy is a dangerous business for plants. The Kramer lab has discovered one important reason why, in their search for ways to improve crop yields.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 23