There are 12 item(s) tagged with the keyword "outreach".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 12
- 1. Anso Bohrer: reflecting on Fascination of Plants day [LINK]
The postdoctoral research associate at Michigan State University reflects on coordinating MSU's first Fascination of Plants Day.
- 2. Bowling scores only a mom could love, records shattered at PRL bowling tourney
Eric Young wins big time, scoring an impressive 267 to take home the Gutter Ball XXIII trophy.
- 3. MSU hosts first ever Fascination of Plants Day
MSU plant biologists invited the general public to explore the world of plants and algae in a celebration that took place alongside hundreds of others in over 50 countries.
- 4. MSU students participate in premier synthetic biology competition
A PRL grad student reflects on MSU's first participation at iGEM, an international competition encouraging students to solve real-world challenges through genetically engineered biological systems.
- By Eric Young
- 5. Undergrads make strong showing at Mid-SURE Symposium
PRL undergraduate researchers shared the fruits of their research at this year’s Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE).
- 6. Spreading the science bug to the classroom
The Kramer lab has built a new technology – called PhotosynQ – that is teaching scientists new things about plants. Now, they want to use it to enrich science learning.
- 7. PhotosynQ helping Malawian farmers increase yields
A fascinating collaboration has developed between the Kramer lab and local partners to improve land management practices in one of the poorest nations on the planet. The group is using an innovative technology that collects plant data at low costs.
- 8. Cheryl Kerfeld featured in MSU President's 2015 Report
The two-minute short is part of a series showcasing MSU's abilities in anticipating global challenges. Kerfeld's lab focuses on green energy sources and commodities through the bioengineering of microbes.
- 9. Undergraduate Research Forum - Part 3/3: Michael Das
PRL undergraduates had a strong presence at the University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum that took place at the MSU Union on Friday, April 8. Part 3, the final article in this series, profiles Michael Das (Howe Lab).
- 10. Undergraduate Research Forum - Part 2/3: Donna Liebelt
PRL undergraduates had a strong presence at the University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum that took place at the MSU Union on Friday, April 8, even taking away a first prize for a poster presentation. Part 2 of the series introduces Donna Liebelt from the Ducat Lab.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 12