There are 27 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Benning lab".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 27
- 1. A new rhomboid-like protein that helps plants produce lipids
Rhomboid-like proteins are found across a large number of organisms, like bacteria, flies, and humans. This is the first time such a protein – and how it influences lipid production and transport – has been studied in detail in plants.
- By By Igor Houwat, Anastasiya Lavell
- 2. Barb Sears receives Faculty Emeriti Association award
Dr. Sears, an MSU Faculty Emerita retired from the Department of Plant Biology, was awarded the 2019 MSU Faculty Emeriti Association Award for "Outstanding Contributions by an Individual."
- By By Igor Houwat; Banner image by Derrick L. Turner
- 3. Anastasiya Lavell wins BMB Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award
The award is given to a student for exceptional performance as a graduate teaching assistant during his or her graduate program.
- By By Igor Houwat; Banner image of Anastasiya Lavell and Christoph Benning courtesy of Christoph Benning
- 4. MSU students win at 2019 ASPB Midwest Meeting
The American Society of Plant Biologists meeting was a chance to practice presentation skills and meet plant biologists from across the Midwest.
- By By Igor Houwat; Banner image by Suejin Park
- 5. Harnessing synthetic biology to co-produce high-value terpenoid biomaterials and biofuel in plants
The new synthetic biology tools allow to produce both terpenoids and oil, a biofuel resource, in plant leaves.
- By By Igor Houwat, Radin Sadre, Bjoern Hamberger; Banner image by Radin Sadre
- 6. Kenny Wang wins 2018 Kende Award
The Kende award recognizes the best doctoral dissertation in the plant sciences at Michigan State University over the last two years.
- By By Igor Houwat, Kenny Wang
- 7. [VIDEO] New biofuel production system powered by a community of algae and fungi
The system lowers cultivation and harvesting costs and increases productivity, factors that currently hold back biofuels from being widely adopted.
- By By Igor Houwat, Zhi-Yan (Rock Du)
- 8. Keeping up with lipids on the move: a new molecular tracking method
Scientists have created a new tracking method for plant lipids. The approach could fill our knowledge gaps of lipid movement and help us improve yields in crops targeted for biofuels.
- By By Igor Houwat, Anna Hurlock
- 9. Microbiologists and plant scientists find secret to tackling cholera [LINK]
While cholera rages across many regions of the world, a team of microbiologists and plant scientists from the Benning lab has pinpointed a genetic weakness in the pandemic’s armor, which could lead to future treatments.
- By By Layne Cameron
- 10. 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award Winners Announced
Han Bao and Eric Poliner have won the 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award.
- By By Igor Houwat
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 27