There are 22 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Benning lab".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 22
- 1. Kenny Wang wins 2018 Kende Award
The Kende award recognizes the best doctoral dissertation in the plant sciences at Michigan State University over the last two years.
- By By Igor Houwat, Kenny Wang
- 2. [VIDEO] New biofuel production system powered by a community of algae and fungi
The system lowers cultivation and harvesting costs and increases productivity, factors that currently hold back biofuels from being widely adopted.
- By By Igor Houwat, Zhi-Yan (Rock Du)
- 3. Keeping up with lipids on the move: a new molecular tracking method
Scientists have created a new tracking method for plant lipids. The approach could fill our knowledge gaps of lipid movement and help us improve yields in crops targeted for biofuels.
- By By Igor Houwat, Anna Hurlock
- 4. Microbiologists and plant scientists find secret to tackling cholera [LINK]
While cholera rages across many regions of the world, a team of microbiologists and plant scientists from the Benning lab has pinpointed a genetic weakness in the pandemic’s armor, which could lead to future treatments.
- By By Layne Cameron
- 5. 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award Winners Announced
Han Bao and Eric Poliner have won the 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award.
- By By Igor Houwat
- 6. A new DNA editing toolkit for the alga Nannochloropsis
The alga Nannochloropsis is increasingly of interest for the production of biofuels and other oil-based chemicals.
- By By Igor Houwat, Eric Poliner
- 7. When lipids meet hormones: plants' answer to complex stresses
How plants harvest their own chloroplasts - photosynthesis machines that make their food - to help defend against outside threats.
- By By Igor Houwat, Kun Wang
- 8. Yang Yang, PRL post-doc, starts science editor position at Wiley Beijing
Yang Yang, a former post-doc in the lab of Christoph Benning, has started a science editor position at the Wiley Beijing office. Wiley is a global company that specializes in academic publishing.
- By Igor Houwat
- 9. Christoph Benning wins 2018 MSU Innovator of the Year Award with John Ohlrogge
The two scientists were recognized by the MSU Innovation Center for their work on a gene switch that allows plants to accumulate seed oil.
- By Igor Houwat, Val Osowski; Photo courtesy of Katie Stiefel, Moonsail North
- 10. Benning lab students win at 2018 ASPB Midwest Meeting
Nick Fekaris and Tomomi Takeuchi, from the Benning lab, have won for presenting their research at the 2018 Annual Meeting - Midwestern Section of the American Society of Plant Biologists.
- By By Igor Houwat; Banner image by Susanne Hoffmann-Benning
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 22