There are 13 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Montgomery Lab".
- 1. Beronda Montgomery elected fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology
Beronda Montgomery has been elected fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology.
- 2. How detecting light in the water affects how much food cyanobacteria get
Scientists have linked how water-dwelling bacteria monitor light wavelengths in their surroundings with their capacity to do photosynthesis. The research has medical/biofuels implications.
- By By Igor Houwat, Brandon Rohnke
- 3. Bethany Huot wins 2017 Kende award
The award recognizes the best doctoral dissertation in the plant sciences at MSU from the previous two years.
- By By Igor Houwat
- 4. Beronda Montgomery named American Society for Microbiology Distinguished Lecturer [LINK]
The five lectures, taking place between 2017 and 2019, will focus on diverse research topics and also career cultivation.
- 5. Identifying a new family of light-responsive proteins
The new family of proteins protects cyanobacteria from sunlight damage, and they are interesting for use in synthetic medical or renewable energy applications.
- By Igor Houwat, Han Bao
- 6. Montgomery, Thomashow invested as MSU Foundation Professors
The PRL's Beronda Montgomery and Michael Thomashow were honored as MSU Foundation Professors on March 23 at an investiture ceremony held at MSU’s Wharton Center.
- 7. Beronda Montgomery: Growing from adviser to mentor
"Mentoring is so much more than offering generic advice." Check out Beronda's take on MSU's Faculty Voice series.
- 8. Undergrad researchers get a taste of graduate student life
The students participated in the Plant Genomics @ MSU REU program, which is part of a national endeavor providing undergrads with participatory research experiences at over 100 universities.
- 9. Beronda Montgomery named MSU Foundation Professor
The title is designated for individuals who combine externally recognized and exemplary scholarly accomplishment. Consideration is also given to teaching innovation and excellence. Congratulations, Beronda!
- 10. Undergrads make strong showing at Mid-SURE Symposium
PRL undergraduate researchers shared the fruits of their research at this year’s Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE).
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 13